Panic Button!
Facebook: Sparkworkz Twitter: @sparkworkz
Action Platformer Shooter Adventure & RPG Sports & Racing Strategy Toy Puzzle Multiplayer
Line Rider Racing Fantastic Contraption 2 Impossible Quiz Shape Shape Platform Racing Super Stacker Other Games

A friendly Public Service Announcement

Come talk about Platform Racing 3!

Moderator: PR3_Mods

A friendly Public Service Announcement

Postby Captain_Sparkworkz » Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:54 pm

Hi!

There have been some scattered incidents lately - not many, but a few is more than enough - where PR3 users have asked others for their username and password for various reasons. Like to help rank them up, or to share art, etc. I'd like to remind everyone that this is NOT RECOMMENDED. Even if it is a person you trust, you have no idea who else has access to their computer. And typically, it is not a person you trust, just a person you think you trust. Our privacy protection can only save you as long as you endeavor to keep your information private. If you give it away, I can't do much to help you except give you a new account, which means starting over.

SO, rule of thumb: never give out your personal info. And if someone asks for your personal info - for any reason - please REPORT THEM TO ME. And if you are asking people for their info: DON'T.

Thank you and have a nice day :D
signature: show
The Mod in this here town.
...forum. In this here forum.
Need help? Email:
http://www.sparkworkz.com/support/
Or PM me here
Captain_Sparkworkz
Global Mod

Re: A friendly Public Service Announcement

Postby jakmac » Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:02 pm

If you want to share art share your level that has the art using share level button :!:
Platform Racing 3 Rocks!!!!!!
jakmac

Postby FinalCheetah » Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:49 pm

It's not really scattered incidents unless I'm being targetted more than other people. I seem to get at least one or two PMs a week asking for my password now.
FinalCheetah
Forum Regular

Postby Sorvius » Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:11 am

Yes we neither know nor need your password. If anyone EVER asks you for login info, you are risking everything by giving it to them, even if they are a trusted friend. Once you give your password away you never know where it will end up.

-Sorv
Sorvius
Sparkworkz

Postby Reusable » Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:11 am

I've been asked for my password once. I believe it was So-and-so or something like that. I used to think he was an okay guy.
The one and only, purple space cowboy robot dinosaur
with a mudkip.
You should try out http://transformice.com/en/ an online physics platformer. WITH CHEESE.
Reusable
Forum Regular

Postby Sorvius » Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:58 am

Reusable wrote:I've been asked for my password once. I believe it was So-and-so or something like that. I used to think he was an okay guy.

To repeat the cap'n, if you want to report someone its best to do it through PM to a mod or the support page :)
Sorvius
Sparkworkz

Postby snapy853585 » Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:34 pm

Reusable wrote:I've been asked for my password once. I believe it was So-and-so or something like that. I used to think he was an okay guy.

Someone like So-and-so asked for my password too! It wasn't So-and-so, but it was similar.
Why to be snappy?
snapy853585

Postby Captain_Sparkworkz » Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:48 pm

If it happens on the forum, PM me with either a link to the thread or a copy of the message you were sent. If it happens in the game, use "/report (username)" to report the person asking you. Then I'll make a decision about it on a case-by-case basis. Don't use this thread to call people out or to accuse someone of asking for info.
signature: show
The Mod in this here town.
...forum. In this here forum.
Need help? Email:
http://www.sparkworkz.com/support/
Or PM me here
Captain_Sparkworkz
Global Mod

Postby *White* » Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:53 pm

Captain_Sparkworkz wrote:If it happens on the forum, PM me with either a link to the thread or a copy of the message you were sent. If it happens in the game, use "/report (username)" to report the person asking you. Then I'll make a decision about it on a case-by-case basis. Don't use this thread to call people out or to accuse someone of asking for info.

GOOD! Now cane welll call you Detective Sparkworkz? :? :?:
Wait, this is a signature? I thought it was Burger King........
*White*
Obsessive Member

Postby snapy853585 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:30 pm

Captain_Sparkworkz wrote:If it happens on the forum, PM me with either a link to the thread or a copy of the message you were sent. If it happens in the game, use "/report (username)" to report the person asking you. Then I'll make a decision about it on a case-by-case basis. Don't use this thread to call people out or to accuse someone of asking for info.

When i type /report example, it shows as normal chat message, not as command, what should i do?
To be more exact, if user named Example spams, i use command /report Example, and like i said, it shows as normal chat message and not as command. Can you please tell me what should i type for username named Example?
Why to be snappy?
snapy853585

Next

Return to PR3 General Chat