Any and all updates to the Line Rider Racing game can be found here.
Updates are split into 4 main categories. This helps you see more clearly what has been changed in the game as it happens (and sometimes before it happens). This will also serve as a FAQ page and we will be happy to give an answer to your questions.Update: v1.54 launched on 7/1/10Misc- Added the option to purchase coins through the >> Sparkworkz store <<$1 = 1,000 coins
$5 = 5,500 coins
$10 = 12,000 coins:: Previous updates ::Update: v1.53 launched on 6/28/10Cosmetic - Any change in the appearance of the game.- Added music and confetti for getting a new best time on a track
- Put the player's names next to their face icon at the start and finish of a raceFunctionality - Any change in the way the game works.- If you do not finish in the top 99 on the leaderboard, a message tells you what rank you are and your race time
- 'Retry' button added to the Tour Mode select screen
- You can use the arrow keys now (left and right) to choose a Tour Mode race
- If you play the same Tour Mode race more than once it will only check for you best time after the first attempt.
- A message appears in Track Edit Mode to let you know if you have any coins to collectBug Fixes - Any change in the game's bugs.- Fixed the bug that allows you to achieve a race time of less than 1 second
- The Track Editor no longer moves the camera away from where you are working after play testing the track
- Coins that appear when you crash do not appear in the following race anymore.Misc - Any change indirectly related to the game.- The leaderboard will be adjusted to fix any race times affected by the restart bug.Note: We apologize for the bug that invalidated some people's race times. To avoid resetting everyone's hard earned times, we are only modifying race times that were affected by it. We will replace them with a slow time so the player can easily retry and get their own valid time. Thank you for your understanding and patience. - The Line Rider Racing TeamUpdate: v1.51 launched on 6/24/10
Change is good! Here's what's new in this version:
- Coin system: Now you can collect coins as you race, which are added up and can be used to publish and share custom tracks!
-Track editor: The Line Rider Racing Track Editor lets you create any track you want! You can save these tracks online and play them from any computer, and you can share them online for others to play or in a challenge!
As the game is played we will have more information here, but for now go play!Update: v1.41 launched on 4/28/10Cosmetic - Any change in the appearance of the game.- New menu design and overall graphics improved upon
- Speed boost visible on ghost racers
- New riders to select (Note: As a result of this change, your old ghosts may end up being a different rider)
- Color sliders (no more limited color selections)
- Progress bar showing the position of each racer in real-time
- New particle effect when collecting boost (as there is no more boost meter)
- The Tour screen now lists more rows for seeing more scores at once
- The Tour screen now shows both leaderboard tabs at once
- Minor misc. adjustmentsFunctionality - Any change in the way the game works.- Local tour play no longer available
- 'Preparing AI' no longer renders before a race
- Automatic jumping to your score in Tour screen score listings
- Backflips now collect twice the amount of boost as frontflips
- The game now stores your rider/color selections online so you can automatically use them anywhere as long as you are logged in
- The amount of degrees needed to complete a flip has been reduced
- After retrying a track in Tour mode, you are now returned to that track on the Tour screen instead of the highest track you finished.Bug Fixes - Any change in the game's bugs.- Fixed a bug allowing you to reset your start boost status (thanks to Sorvius for the bug report)
- Fixed a problem with ghosts sometimes showing boost trails incorrectly.
- Many misc minor fixesMisc - Any change indirectly related to the game.- Optimized website to increase FPS (frames per second) while playing
- Overall Tour leaderboard now displayed below the game
Version 1.31, launched on 03/24/10:
> Fixed a problem where your score would not be displayed on the Tour screen after quickly continuing past the race results on an online Tour race. The scores were always uploaded, they were just not displayed correctly until you returned to the Tour screen.
> Changed message user see when finishing an online Tour track for the first time.
Version 1.3, launched on 03/23/10:
> Stunt Boost! Do a 360 degree rotation and fill your boost meter! Your boost meter gives you extra acceleration when you're on a line
> The ice line art has been modified to make it easier to see against the background
> Fixed a problem with the game getting stuck after logging out during creation of an online tour mode track (thanks to Cordeo for the bug report)
> The particle effect that occurs while your rider is crashed has been improved.
> Fixed a problem with the game getting stuck after logging out during an online tour race. Thanks again to Cordeo for reporting the issue.
> At the end of online tour races, the game now automatically checks if you beat your personal best and will inform you if you do.
> Fixed/Improved a few minor things involving fireworks.
Version 1.21, launched on 03/17/10:
> After retrying a track in tour mode you are now returned to the that track in the tour screen instead of the highest numbered track you completed. This is to make it easier for you to re-race previous tracks and improve your time.
> Fixed some formatting issues with score listings in the tour screen.
> Optimized physics and particle system. There should be less performance issues, especially at the end of a race.
> Re-added theme parallax art. These are the clouds etc that fly by in the background as you are racing.
> Various minor bug fixes.